A New Studio Room is in Progress

7/10/2012

As of this week we have lived in our Florida apartment for a year. I'd say it is time for a studio room!
We needed a space where I could work from home, Tanner could study for exams, and Coco Bean could effortlessly watch us. I made a well thought out list of everything I wanted to include, and we are making a big dent so far. We are trying to find everything on sale or make it ourselves to help out our wallets, which has been pretty fun since I love to bargain shop. It seems like a big project, but everything is turning out so beautiful that it will be well worth it. I can't wait to get everything finalized and share with you. Until then, here is my check list and some inspiration I've collected for reference.

THE CHECK LIST


1. A floating white desk + white walls - Check! My in-laws were here last week and were a tremendous help getting us started. After a few dozen trips to Lowe's and some sanding, painting, measuring, and hammering labor put in by the men, we finally had our custom desk completed. I love it. It's white, streamlined, and floating. It's perfect!


Image via Glitter Guide

2. White accessories - Yes more white. I found some sale items similar to these. Woot woot, check!

Images via Acrimony and Glitter Guide

3. Shelving to display baubles, books, and eclectic animal figurines. - I can't wait to paint little animal figurines, and display sentimental items that have been tucked away in boxes. 

Image via Danielle Moss
Image via Glitter Guide

4. A stylish way to display prints, magazines, and photographs.

Images via Here and Ohhh... Hmmm...

5. A spot for Coco Bean - Although she pretty much lays wherever she pleases. 

Image via Creature Comforts

6. Two modern white swivel chairs + a soft comfy area with a hint of sparkle - Check! These were actually the first thing I purchased and were what I based the whole room on. I found a set of modern/retro bar stool chairs for $35. I was shocked. I felt like I stole them! 

Images via Moth-Design and ehomee

7. Flowers and pops of color

Image via Glitter Guide

8. Nooks and cubbies to stay organized - I have to be organized or I'm 0% productive. 

Image via Glitter Guide
Image via Vosgesparis

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love the ideas for your studio space and the images you've collected are stunning. My jaw may have dropped open a little at the sight of those incredible neon shoes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kimberley! And yes, aren't those shoes awesome?!

      Delete
  2. if your space looks anything like these pictures, it is gorgeous! i love the idea of creating custom furniture! take pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley!! I will for sure be doing a feature on my new space soon!

      Delete
  3. ohhh i love your style!!! I'm trying to revamp my office space at work and you gave me just so many pretty ideas. Your space is going to ROCK! You have to post some photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I'm so glad you could gather some ideas from this too, everything is so cheerful! I'll be posting a feature in the upcoming month :)

      Delete
  4. As much as I love this post, it's so painful to see all of those pretty pictures and hear about your inspiration! We have the worst office in the history of bad offices, and it's getting to be really depressing. What you described is exactly what I want! I can't wait to see it all come together soon so that I can use your office for inspiration ;)

    I just stumbled on your blog and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to follow along and read more!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya! I worked in a cube for the longest time, not even a bit inspiring! Hopefully you can take some ideas from here and add them in!

    Thanks so much, I am loving all of your wedding work. Our style senses seem to click! xx

    ReplyDelete