A Blogoversary + Weekend Re-cap

8/07/2012

It's hot, sunny, and bad-hair-day humid. No doubt it must be August! Do you know what that means? It's been exactly one year since I started Chic Sprinkles, aaand we're still here, hooray! Dang, that year flew by quickly. Lots of fun things took place from photo sessions, to designing labels for a Cookie eBook, Coco Bean taste testing biscuitsfro-yo, and making her first video debut, some DIY adventures, joining Pretty Fluffy, and connecting with some pretty cool people along the way. I want to  take a minute to thank you bunches and buches for following along with me and my figuring-it-out-along-the-way extravaganza into the blogosphere. I've grown a great deal in my design style and I have learned so much from you lovely bloggers and readers. Your kind words and comments make my heart happy. It's been so fantastic, and I can't wait for what's in store for our second year! *Que Dirty Dancing's Time of My Life* Fitting, right?


We had a pretty productive 'project weekend' since my husband, Tanner, spent a big chunk of the time at school studying and reviewing for his upcoming Boards. Lots of biochem, anatomy, and pathology terms that flew right over my head! He's so dedicated, which is awesome. I'm not going to lie though, weekends just aren't as fun without him. Coco Bean and I did pick him up everyday during his afternoon breaks to grab a bite to eat though. The grounds of his school are beautifully landscaped, so we like to take short walks outside while waiting on him to come out. Here she is happy to finally see her pops, since in her world half a day without him around is probably like an eternity! She just loves it when we take 'field trips' to the school.

I love the one of her waiting for him to come out of the building. She was intensely 'people watching'. Is it just me or does it look like she is judging people? I think so, crazy dog!

In between all of that, I dove right into upcoming blog posts and DIYs, which turned out sweet. I can't wait to share them with you here next week and on Pretty Fluffy as well. It's good, I promise!  

Feeling very English with all of the mystery novels I've been reading, I made this yummy quiche. It looked pretty, was gluten-free, and tasted magnificent. Success! 

I also did a small bit of online shopping for Coco Bean and cannot wait until this beautiful white leash from Inubar gets delivered. Have you checked them out yet? Pretty Fluffy did a feature on them a couple of weeks ago (thank you!). Brilliant website, and the Inubar team is super friendly. Plus, they have their own little product tester/mascot, Puff, who's name says it all. Heart melter! 

What did you get into over the weekend? I would love to hear about it! 

Inubar Leash


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Congratulations Sarah! Chic Sprinkles is such an amazing blog and I'm so excited to have you as a contributor to Pretty Fluffy. You are super talented and deserve every success. Congratulations on your blogoversary and here's to many years more! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rene, you made my day! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your one year anniversary and I love Pretty Fluffy too! Wonderful and amazing talent!
    LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anonymous :D Love you mom! And yes Pretty Fluffy has made my year!

      Delete
  3. We have loved having you for the past year!!! Can't wait for many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've made it wonderful!! Thank you, thank you for all of your support love!!

      Delete
  4. congrats! i can't believe you've only had your blog for a year! btw i'm emailing you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in-love with your doggy. So much personality in those expressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Sometimes I swear she is a little human trapped in a Shih Tzu body haha xx

      Delete
  6. Thank you all so much! Your sweet words and comments keep me going and make me feel like I'm not stumbling through this blogging thing as much as I thought. We hope to be here for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete