Pumpkin Time!

10/18/2012

I know, I know, we are more than half way through October and I'm just now getting my pumpkin. I've never been so far behind on my favorite season. If you follow me on twitter,  then you know I've been saying "I neet to get a pumpkin" all month long. Better late than never! Here are a few snippets of our quick trip to the pumpkin 'patch' last night. It was really just a boat load of pumpkins in a churchyard, not an actual patch. I'm not sure if they have real patches down here in Florida like they do in Ohio? But nevertheless it put me in the halloween spirit!



Now I just need to make a pumpkin pie for Tanner, watch the Charlie Brown: Great Pumpkin episode and Hocus Pocus while I glitter a mini pumpkin, and I'm all set! Halloween has been my favorite holiday since, well... forever. When I was little I always had to read Halloween bedtime stories in October to hold me over until the 31st. My favorites were: a book called A Very Scary Ghost Story where the little ghosts would glow in the dark; another one called The Vanishing Pumpkin about this little old couple who wants to make a pumpkin pie but their giant pumpkin has disappeared; and of course my favorite, Dorrie & the Weather Box. I still love going to Barnes & Noble and flipping through the children's halloween books on display. Brings back fun memories! 

What do you do to get in the Halloween spirit? I always love and appreciate your comments, do share!

Follow me on Instagram to see more photos! @chicsprinkles

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Coco Bean is so darn cute! And these pictures are absolutely lovely.
    Sadly, I don't really do halloween anymore. We live a dedicated life of work, eat, sleep and repeat, in a town where we know no one, so there's no fun parties to dress up for. We also live on the main street downtown which is all businesses so there aren't any kids running around to hand out candy to. Isn't that so sad? Thankfully, I can live vicariously through everyone online. ;] Your post has inspired me to go pick out a pumpkin just for my own well being.. Thanks for spreading your Halloween cheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I'm glad my halloween cheer is spreading :) I can totally relate though, we moved down to florida for my husbands grad school, and I really know very few people (like a handful!). And since we live in an apartment, we really don't get to see many trick or treaters. So I try to seek it out and create my own little halloween as best as I can - haha whatever works, right?! Have fun picking your pumpkin!! xo

      Delete
  2. ahh we still have not picked a pumpkin but we are GOING this weekend! love these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Coco - you always melt me heart!
    I love this post - although it makes me super jealous that in Australia we barely even notice Halloween - not a pumpkin to be seen! We are starting to get trick or treaters which is fun! Have a brilliant favourite holiday Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Aww no pumpkins at all? I should have mailed you a mini one! You totally have halloween spirit though! ;) Happy Halloween to you too! xo

      Delete